• 17 years' experience in the art of makeup. Vicky has applied makeup for thousands of real women, not just models!
• Years of training by various makeup companies, including Jane Iredale, Bobbi Brown, Dior, Benefit and Estee Lauder
• Fully qualified in Airbase airbrush high definition makeup, holding their masterclass certificate and advanced bridal one to one course
• VTCT makeup certificate
• VTCT lash application and brows shaping certificates
• Specially trained in bridal hair styling, including long hair, vintage, retro, fashion, pleats and blow drying
• We have been recommended by such venues as Wrenbury Hall, Dorfold Hall, Abbeywood Estate, Delamere Manor, Soughton Hall, Rookery Hall, Hawkstone Hall, Cranage Hall, Crewe Hall and The Court House to their brides to be.
• Anna has 12 years' experience in hairdressing with levels 2 and 3 qualifications and she has also attended a Patrick Cameron hair styling course along with completing a beauty course
• We only use premium brands, such as Airbase, Temptu, Huda, Iconic London, Nanshy Brushes, Bobbi Brown, Mac, and Jane Iredale makeup, Tigi and L’Oreal professional hair care.
We have never let a client down or missed an event that we have been booked for since the launch of the business eight years ago.
There are no fixed or rigid looks here! We offer a truly bespoke service, which means starting and working around you and your ideas to help achieve your ideal look.
By offering a complete service of wedding / bridal hair and makeup, our prices offer value for money while also being reflective of the quality and level of service delivered. There are cheaper (and indeed more expensive) providers of similar services, but crucially they do not provide the same personalised experience.
Areas we travel to:
As you can see from our galleries and client feedback, we travel all over Cheshire, Shropshire, North Wales and surrounding areas, we have been lucky enough to spend many mornings getting gorgeous excited brides ready at beautiful venues or from their home.
How it all began in Vicky`s words ...
Bridal hair and Makeup Of Cheshire was started by me (Vicky) about nine years ago.
My love of makeup began during my early teens; I battled with unruly skin and sometimes I still do. I believe makeup can give us that extra boost when we need it most, when we feel better about ourselves we feel more confident. We put so much thought into the way we present ourselves for special occasions and they don’t get much bigger than your wedding day.
My career began with attending a years full time NVQ course in Art and Photography, my love of art inspired me to want to work in makeup, at seventeen I started working for a company called Benefit Cosmetics, at eighteen I became a manager and travelled to Ireland to train new members of staff and helped open new counters all over the North West.
I progressed over the years to working for larger companies such as Dior, Boobi Brown and becoming a business manger for Estee Lauder Companies.
Over the 7 years of working for different cosmetic companies, I was fortunate enough to receive training by some extremely talented makeup artists, while in London and Texas.
During these training sessions and throughout my career, I had the opportunity to work with thousands of ladies with many different beauty concerns, which has given me some invaluable experience.
After having my son 11 years ago and being asked to go back to work 6 months later, another year on I decided to work for our family business but I missed working with makeup and being creative. Before I knew it, I had friends asking me to provide my services at their weddings and through word of mouth this quickly went from strength to strength.
I found that most weddings that I was fortunate enough to work on really needed two people, one providing hair services and the other makeup.
It was at this time that my little step sister Anna was managing a salon in Warrington and had become very interested in bridal hair.
We then decided to work together and are now providing our services to around 140 brides a year and we love every minute of it!