How it all began in Vicky`s words ...
Bridal hair and Makeup Of Cheshire was started by me (Vicky) about nine years ago.
My love of makeup began during my early teens; I battled with unruly skin and sometimes I still do. I believe makeup can give us that extra boost when we need it most, when we feel better about ourselves we feel more confident. We put so much thought into the way we present ourselves for special occasions and they don’t get much bigger than your wedding day.
My career in makeup began at sixteen when I started working for a makeup company while training in art and photography. I quickly became a manager and trainer and was fortunate enough to receive training by some extremely talented makeup artists, while working in London and Texas. During these training sessions and throughout my career, I had the opportunity to work with thousands of ladies with many different beauty concerns, which has given me some invaluable experience.
After having my little boy ten years ago, I began to work for our family business but I missed working with makeup and being creative. Before I knew it, I had friends asking me to provide my services at their weddings and through word of mouth this quickly went from strength to strength.
I found that most weddings that I was fortunate enough to work on really needed two people, one providing hair services and the other makeup.
It was at this time that my little step sister Anna was managing a salon in Warrington and had become very interested in bridal hair.
We then decided to work together and are now providing our services to around 140 brides a year and we love every minute of it!
• 17 years' experience in the art of makeup. We have applied makeup for thousands of real women, not just models!
• Years of training by various makeup companies, including Jane Iredale, Bobbi Brown, Dior, Benefit and Estee Lauder
• Fully qualified in Airbase airbrush high definition makeup, holding their masterclass certificate and advanced bridal one to one course
• VTCT makeup certificate
• VTCT lashes certificate
• Specially trained in bridal hair styling, including long hair, vintage, retro, fashion, pleats and blow drying
• The recommended wedding / bridal makeup artist and hair stylist for Wrenbury Hall, Dorfold Hall, Abbeywood Estate, Delamere Manor, Soughton Hall, Rookery Hall, Hawkstone Hall and counting.
• Anna has 10 years' experience in hairdressing with levels 2 and 3 qualifications and she has also attended a Patrick Cameron hair styling course
• We only use premium brands, such as Airbase, Temptu, Mac, and Jane Iredale makeup, and L’Oreal professional hair care.
Why we do not have a big team of artists:
If we are not available for a wedding, we will recommend another artist from a specially picked group of hair and makeup artists who we recommend and all work under their own businesses and not Bridal Hair and Makeup Of Cheshire.
We never want to have a team of other artists work for us as we know how dedicated you need to be when working on weddings, we always try our very best to give the best possible service and we also wouldn't offer anything but airbrush makeup as in our opinion it is the best. Because of this booking in advance really is advisable.
We have never let a client down or missed an event that we have been booked for since the launch of the business seven years ago.
There are no fixed or rigid looks here! We offer a truly bespoke service, which means starting and working around you and your ideas to help achieve your ideal look.
By offering a complete service of wedding / bridal hair and makeup our prices offer value for money while also being reflective of the quality and level of service delivered. There are cheaper (and indeed more expensive) providers of similar services, but crucially they do not provide the same personalised experience.
As you can see from our galleries and client feedback, we travel all over Cheshire, Shropshire, North Wales and surrounding areas, we have been lucky enough to spend many mornings getting gorgeous excited brides ready at beautiful venues like Rowton Hall in Chester to Arley Hall in Warrington. We are more than happy to be your chosen bridal hair and makeup specialists and travel to your home in Nantwich to North Wales, parents home on The Wirral or Knutsford or maybe your chosen wedding venue to get you and your bridal party ready.