Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions when booking Vicky Spencer who owns Bridal Hair & Makeup Of Cheshire.
Other artists such as Anna Avis or Charlotte Minhgaud may also work with Vicky and Vicky will pay the artists directly, other artists have their own insurance and public liability.
1. These are the only terms and conditions on which the Artist will supply the Wedding Trial Services and the Wedding Day Services (and/or any other professional services) to the Bride.
2. The Bride is encouraged to read these Terms and Conditions carefully and to check that the details on the Booking Form are complete and accurate before paying a booking fee agreeing to the Terms and conditions. If the Bride considers that there is a mistake or that any changes are required, these should be raised immediately with the Artist.
3. These Terms and Conditions will become binding when you receive your booking form and decide to transfer your booking fee, you do have a cooling off period of 14 days from receiving your booking form and your date being reserved for you and us potentially turning other clients away.
By paying a booking fee you accept my terms and conditions.
4. If any of these Terms and Conditions conflict with any term of the Booking Form, the Booking Form will take priority.
5. The Artist will supply the Wedding Trial Services and the Wedding Day Services (and/or any other agreed professional services) to the Bride at the time and on the date confirmed in the Booking Form for the agreed price and at the location identified therein.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, the professional services to be provided by the Artist will be confined only to those agreed in advance and specified in the Booking Form.
7. The provision by the Artist of any additional services on the wedding day itself (to include the provision of services to any additional third parties) will be entirely at the discretion of the Artist. The Bride accepts that the Artist shall be under no obligation whatsoever to provide any such additional services beyond those identified in the Booking Form. The Bride understands that there may not be sufficient time or product available to the Artist to provide any additional services.
8. Alternatively, if the Artist does agree (at her discretion) to provide any additional services other than those identified in the Booking Form, this will be at a price to be agreed on the day which will be due and payable immediately.
9. In booking the Wedding Day Services, the Bride acknowledges, agrees and accepts that she is happy with the results of the Wedding Trial and wishes for the Artist to replicate that look (as close as is reasonably possible and practical).
10. The Bride agrees, accepts and understands that the cost of the Wedding Trial Services remains payable if 24 hours notice to cancel has not been given, it is up to the artists discretion in very unusual circumstances to allow no charge.
11. Once a booking fee has been paid, there for you accept to the terms and conditions, 4 months before the wedding date at the cost of all agreed Services - including the Wedding Trial Services and the Wedding Day Services (and/or any other professional services) - becomes immediately due and payable in full without deduction, even if cancelled subsequently by the Bride.
12. Upon receiving a confirmation of booking, a booking fee of £50-150 depending o your booking is due within seven days in order to secure the Wedding Day Services. There is a fourteen day ‘cooling off period’ from the date of your confirmation email if you decide you no longer need my/our services. You will receive a full refund.
13. Off peak Wedding Day bookings have a minimum required booking of a bride and 2 other adults for hair and makeup services.
Peak dates include (1st April - 30th September, the Christmas period, weekends all year round and Bank Holidays throughout the year).
Wedding bookings on peak dates have a minimum required booking of a bride and 3 other adults for hair and makeup services, depending on the date and travel required, at the time of you being sent a quote a minimum of 5 or 6 adults all needing hair and makeup services may be required but you will be made aware of this.
If the number of people you require our services for does not meet the minimum spend, the minimum spend will still apply unless stated on your booking form. If your booking reduces in numbers and your wedding no longer meets the minimum spend, then the minimum spend would still apply and the total amount on your booking form will still be due to us.
14. No changes to the number of people you have booked in your confirmation booking form can be altered to less people within four months prior to your wedding, if an assistant was needed and is no longer needed and I have paid a booking fee for these services, you may incur a £50 charge.
15. For the avoidance of doubt, the Bride agrees, accepts and understands that the Artist is under no obligation nor can she be required to provide a refund, whether in part or in full, if the Wedding Day Services are cancelled at any time prior to the date of the wedding (other than if cancelled by the Artist herself). The Bride further agrees, accepts and understands that this is for the protection of the Artist’s business and to ensure she is remunerated for her professional time.
16. The price of the Wedding Trial Services, the Wedding Day Services and/or any other professional services to be provided by the Artist are set out in the price list in force at the time. Prices may change at any time, but subsequent price changes will not retrospectively affect the cost of the Wedding Trial Services and the Wedding Day Services confirmed on the Booking Form.
17. Prices include VAT.
18. If any payment due to the Artist is not made by the due date for payment, the Artist may charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 10% a year above the base lending rate of the Bank of England from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount.
19. Travel and Parking charges apply and will have been stated in your confirmation of booking. The Bride is also liable for any car parking charges at their chosen venue.
20. Methods of payment for Wedding Trial Services: Cash payment on the day, or via bank transfer, which must clear the day before your booking.
21. Methods of payment for Wedding Day Services: Cash payment on the day, or via bank transfer, which must clear 3 days before your booking.
22. Details for bank transfers: Bank - TSB, Sort Code - 77-48-03, Account number - 15091068
Limitation of Liability
23. The Bride acknowledges that the Artist has given no warranty, condition or undertaking, whether express or implied by statute or common law, as to the provision of the Wedding Trial Services, the Wedding Day Services and/or any other professional services to be provided by the Artist.
24. All implied terms, terms, conditions and warranties are expressly excluded to the extent permissible by law.
25. The Artist is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred by the Bride or by any other person howsoever arising.
26. The Artist does not exclude or limit in any way her liability for losses arising as a result of death or personal injury caused by her negligence; or fraud; or fraudulent misrepresentation.
27. The Artist shall not be liable to the Bride for any loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, loss of enjoyment, loss of expectation or any other indirect or consequential loss, howsoever arising.
28. In any event, the Artist shall not be liable to the Bride for more than the price of the Wedding Trial Services, the Wedding Day Services and/or any other professional services actually delivered by the Artist. The Bride agrees and accepts that this is entirely reasonable in the circumstances.
29. The Artist shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of her obligations here under that is caused by an event outside her control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, robbery of kit needed to carry out her work, road traffic accident, being stuck in traffic, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or any other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications or transportation networks or damage to or failure of any mode of transportation used by the Artist.
30. The Bride accepts and understands that the Artist takes no responsibility whatsoever for any reactions to any products used, allergic or otherwise. The Bride agrees to identify any known allergies or products to which she is sensitive and will answer the consultation truthfully.
The Bride accepts that we cannot style anyone’s hair that has head lice.
The Bride accepts that it is her responsibility to make sure any clothing and accessories needed for the wedding day is kept out of the way of our hair and makeup working area, if anyone in the bridal party gets products of any kind on clothing or accessories we cannot be held liable.
We cannot be held liable if we get any products on clothing although we always try to be incredibly careful.
31. The Artist accepts no liability whatsoever for any relevant or potentially relevant medical condition, allergic reaction or similar which is not specifically disclosed to her by the Bride in advance.
32. The Bride agrees that if for any reason the Artist cannot attend on the day of the wedding, then the Artist will use her reasonable endeavours to ensure that the relevant professional services are provided by another suitable make up artist. If for any unforeseen circumstances it is not possible to replace her, the Artist will endeavour to inform the Bride at the earliest opportunity.
33. If the trial session booked by the artist and bride needs to be regrettably changed by the artist, she will give 2 weeks notice.
Any trial sessions booked by the bride and cancelled without giving at least 24 hours notice weather for bridal or members of the bridal party trials, as time will have been allocated to provide our services 50% of the trials cancelled would be due to be paid by bank transfer on the date of the arranged trial session. We do not offer trial sessions in August as this is our busiest month of the year or on Sundays.
34. If the Wedding Day Services are cancelled by the Artist, a full refund will be provided to the Bride.
If the Wedding Day Services are cancelled other than by the Artist, no refund will be provided and Clause 11 herein will apply.
35. At the time of the Wedding Trial, photos and notes may be taken by the Artist to ensure that the look is capable of being recreated on the wedding day. These notes and photos can also be used if a replacement artist is appointed.
36. These notes and photos (and/or any taken at the wedding) remain the property of the Artist and the Bride agrees that all images of her, her Wedding trial and of her wedding itself can be used for all promotional, advertising and professional purposes of the Artist without charge or payment.
Third Party Rights
37. This contract is between the Artist and the Bride. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
38. Each of the clauses of these Terms and Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority determines that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
39. If the Artist fails to insist that the Bride performs any of her obligations under these Terms and Conditions, or if the Artist does not enforce her rights against the Bride, or if the Artist delays in doing so, that will not mean that the Artist has waived her rights against the Bride and will not mean that the Bride does not have to comply with those obligations.
40. If the Artist does waive a default by the Bride, she will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that the Artist will automatically waive any subsequent default by the Bride.
41. The Parties agrees that they shall have no remedies in respect of any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not expressly set out herein.
42. Each party agrees that it shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement set out herein.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
43. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.
44. The Parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
45. The Booking Form, Confirmation Of Booking and the Terms and Conditions constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
46. For the avoidance of doubt, any agreed amendment to the Terms and Conditions will only be valid to the extent that it is agreed in writing as between the Parties.