Terms & Conditions
All BRIDES are advised to take out wedding insurance.
Terms and Conditions when booking Vicky Spencer-Evans who owns Bridal Hair & Makeup Of Cheshire.
Other ARTISTS such as Anna Avis and assistants may also work with Vicky and Vicky will pay the ARTISTS directly, other ARTISTS have their own insurance and public liability.
At times, BRIDES may be asked to pay their final bill in 2 payments, 1 to Vicky and 1 to Anna or another ARTIST.
Non-Refundable Booking Fee
1. These are the only terms and conditions on which the ARTIST will supply the Wedding Trial Services and the Wedding Day Services (and/or any other professional services) to the BRIDE.
2. The BRIDE is encouraged to read these Terms and Conditions carefully and to check that the details on the Booking Form are complete and accurate before paying a booking fee, therefore agreeing to the Terms and conditions. If the BRIDE considers that there is a mistake or that any changes are required, these should be raised immediately with the ARTIST.
3. These Terms and Conditions will become binding when the BRIDE receives the booking form and decides to transfer the booking fee to the ARTIST, the BRIDE has 3 days to pay the non-refundable booking fee from the day the BRIDE receives the booking email from the ARTIST. The BRIDE will be advised that this has been sent, after these 3 days if the booking fee has not been paid, the date will not continue to be held.
4. If any of these Terms and Conditions conflict with any term of the Booking Form, the Booking Form will take priority.
Trial Session – required 4 months before the BRIDE'S wedding date
5. If the ARTIST'S services are no longer required and cancelled within 4 months of the BRIDE'S wedding date, as it is highly unlikely that the ARTIST will be able to gain work from another wedding with being given short notice as wedding bookings are booked in advance, all monies owed for trial services and wedding day services are owed in full. This is because the ARTIST has reserved the BRIDES wedding date, the ARTIST will have turned other weddings and work away on that date, this is the ARTIST'S business and would only ask to be treated fairly.
(Section 5 does not apply if a BRIDE cannot book in for a trial session 4 months prior to their wedding because of Covid-19 restrictions, the ARTIST just please asks that the BRIDE comes in as soon as the ARTIST is able to work on clients again, the ARTIST will contact BRIDES)
Any trial sessions booked by the BRIDE and cancelled without giving at least 24 hours notice whether for bridal or members of the bridal party trials, as time will have been allocated to provide the ARTIST'S services, 50% of the trials cancelled would be due to be paid by bank transfer on the date of the arranged trial session. The ARTIST does not offer trial sessions in August as this is the ARTIST'S busiest month of the year or at weekends. Trial sessions are conducted from 8am-5pm Monday and Thursday and 8am-7pm Tuesday and Wednesdays, the ARTIST is occasionally available for Fridays trial sessions, a Friday morning trial session can only be booked one month prior as weddings take priority.
If the ARTIST is working on a small, local wedding and is able to accommodate a Friday afternoon trial session and be finished working for 5pm, the ARTIST stipulates this time and as the ARTIST'S team can often be needed to work early on Saturdays morning for large wedding bookings.
The BRIDE agrees, accepts and understands that the cost of the Wedding Trial Services remains payable if 24 hours notice to cancel has not been given, it is up to the ARTIST'S discretion in very unusual circumstances to allow a discount or no charge.
If the trial session booked by the ARTIST and BRIDE needs to be regrettably changed by the ARTIST, the ARTIST will give 2 weeks notice.
BRIDES must make the ARTIST aware of any allergies before coming for a trial session, the Artist will always provide refreshments and light bites at the trial, BRIDES should let the ARTIST know of any special dietary requirements prior to coming.
Brides must make the ARTIST aware of any allergies to skincare, makeup or hair care so that the correct products are used.
In booking the Wedding Day Services, the BRIDE acknowledges, agrees and accepts that she is not to leave her trial session until she is happy with the results of the Wedding Trial and wishes for the ARTIST to replicate that look (as close as is reasonably possible and practical). Please be realistic with what can be achieved, trial sessions require a lot of imagination as BRIDES will not be wearing their wedding dress, have flowers or be in a beautiful wedding venue, sometimes hair extensions are needed and sometimes some BRIDES find that their trial can be more of a discovery of what they don’t want and can sometimes need a second trial. Sometimes BRIDES choose a look and change their mind, this is one of the reasons the ARTIST asks a BRIDE to firstly book in for a trial at least 4 months before their wedding day, the ARTISTS' main aim is to make BRIDES feel comfortable and feel happy with their final look.
6. The ARTIST will supply the Wedding Trial Services and the Wedding Day Services (and/or any other agreed professional services) to the BRIDE at the time and on the date confirmed in the Booking Form for the agreed price and at the location identified therein.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, the professional services to be provided by the ARTIST will be confined only to those agreed in advance and specified in the Booking Form.
8. The provision by the ARTIST of any additional services on the wedding day itself (to include the provision of services to any additional third parties) will be entirely at the discretion of the ARTIST. The BRIDE accepts that the ARTIST shall be under no obligation whatsoever to provide any such additional services beyond those identified in the Booking Form. The BRIDE understands that there may not be sufficient time or product available to the ARTIST to provide any additional services.
9. Alternatively, if the ARTIST does agree (at her discretion) to provide any additional services other than those identified in the Booking Form, this will be at a price to be agreed on the day which will be due and payable immediately.
10. In booking the Wedding Day Services, the BRIDE acknowledges, agrees and accepts that she is not to leave her trial session until she is happy with the results of the Wedding Trial and wishes for the ARTIST to replicate that look (as close as is reasonably possible and practical).
11. The BRIDE agrees, accepts and understands that the cost of the Wedding Trial Services remains payable if 24 hours notice to cancel has not been given, it is up to the ARTIST'S discretion in very unusual circumstances to allow a discount or no charge.
12. Once a booking fee has been paid, therefore the BRIDE accepts to the terms and conditions, 4 months before the wedding date at the cost of all agreed Services - including the Wedding Trial Services and the Wedding Day Services (and/or any other professional services) - becomes immediately due and payable in full without deduction, even if cancelled subsequently by the BRIDE.
Weddings can be cancelled for lots of reasons unfortunately, illness, fire at venue, relationship breakdown, natural disaster and this is why the ARTIST advises BRIDES to take out wedding insurance, if the BRIDE cancels the ARTIST'S services within 4 months of the agreed wedding date, that the ARTIST has been booked to work on and for example after paying a booking fee, £500 is owed to the ARTIST for wedding day services, £500 will be owed to the ARTIST, as the ARTIST runs a business and relies on this income and will have reserved services for the BRIDE for that date.
12A. Postponing a wedding date due to Government lock down Covid-19 or any other Government closures, which has meant that the BRIDES wedding has been cancelled on the agreed date but postponed. The ARTIST understands that this is a very unusual situation and some wedding insurances do not cover for this event.
For any weddings booked to be held in 2020 and up until the end of April 2021.
If a BRIDE re-books a wedding for any Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday date up until 16.12.2021 (excluding Bank Holidays) based on the BRIDES booking meeting the ARTIST'S minimum required booking of a BRIDE and 3 other adults for hair and makeup services, providing the ARTIST is available, the ARTIST will move the BRIDES booking at no extra charge to the new date. If any discounts were offered on the BRIDES first date due to being a very off peak date or last minute booking, any discounts will not be carried to the BRIDES second wedding date.
If a BRIDE postpones a wedding to a Friday, Saturday or Sunday date that the ARTIST is available for, as the ARTIST can not ask any of the team to carry booking fees paid to them over to peak dates, a charge from £50 to £150 will apply depending on the BRIDES' new date.
If a BRIDE books a new date that the ARTIST is unavailable for, the BRIDE will lose the non-refundable booking fee that will have been initially paid.
13. Upon receiving a confirmation of booking, a non-refundable booking fee of £65-200 depending on the booking is due within three days in order to secure the ARTISTS Wedding Day Services.
14. The ARTISTS minimum required booking for most dates is a BRIDE and 3 other adults for hair and makeup services, for peak dates such as the Christmas period, New Years Eve, Saturdays and Sundays all year round and Fridays in summer, bookings of 5 to 6 adults may be required to book a date out for a BRIDES wedding. When a BRIDE first get in touch, the ARTIST will advise in a quote of how many services are required for their date, sometimes when booking the ARTIST for an off peak date or last minute wedding booking, the ARTIST will lower the minimum required booking.
If the number of people a BRIDE requires the ARTISTS services for does not meet the minimum required booking, the minimum booking and spend will still apply unless stated on the BRIDES booking form. If the BRIDES booking reduces in numbers, resulting in the wedding booking no longer meets the minimum spend, then the minimum spend would still apply.
15. No changes to the number of people and services a BRIDE has booked for in the confirmation of booking form can be altered to less people within four months prior to their wedding, the minimum required booking for a BRIDES date will still apply. If an assistant was needed and is no longer needed and the ARTIST has paid a booking fee for these services, the BRIDE may incur a £50 charge.
16. For the avoidance of doubt, the BRIDE agrees, accepts and understands that the ARTIST is under no obligation nor can she be required to provide a refund, whether in part or in full, if the Wedding Day Services are cancelled at any time prior to the date of the wedding (other than if cancelled by the ARTIST herself). The BRIDE further agrees, accepts and understands that this is for the protection of the ARTISTS business and to ensure she is remunerated for her professional time.
17. The price of the Wedding Trial Services, the Wedding Day Services and/or any other professional services to be provided by the ARTIST are set out in the price list in force at the time. Prices may change at any time, but subsequent price changes will not retrospectively affect the cost of the Wedding Trial Services and the Wedding Day Services confirmed on the Booking Form.
18. Prices are not subject to VAT.
19. If any payment due to the ARTIST is not made by the due date for payment, the ARTIST may charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 10% a year above the base lending rate of the Bank of England from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount.
20. Travel and Parking charges apply and will have been stated in the confirmation of booking. The BRIDE is also liable for any car parking charges at their chosen venue.
21. Methods of payment for Wedding Trial Services: Cash payment on the day, or via bank transfer, which must clear the day before the booking.
22. Methods of payment for Wedding Day Services: Cash payment on the day, or via bank transfer, which must clear 3 days before the booking.
23. Details for bank transfers: Bank - V Spencer TSB, Sort Code - 77-48-03, Account number - 15091068
Limitation of Liability
24. The BRIDE acknowledges that the ARTIST has given no warranty, condition or undertaking, whether express or implied by statute or common law, as to the provision of the Wedding Trial Services, the Wedding Day Services and/or any other professional services to be provided by the ARTIST.
25. All implied terms, terms, conditions and warranties are expressly excluded to the extent permissible by law.
26. The ARTIST is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred by the BRIDE or by any other person howsoever arising at the trial session or wedding day to any person, property or vehicle.
27. The ARTIST does not exclude or limit in any way her liability for losses arising as a result of death or personal injury caused by her negligence; or fraud; or fraudulent misrepresentation.
28. The ARTIST shall not be liable to the BRIDE for any loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, loss of enjoyment, loss of expectation or any other indirect or consequential loss, howsoever arising.
29. In any event, the ARTIST shall not be liable to the BRIDE for more than the price of the Wedding Trial Services, the Wedding Day Services and/or any other professional services actually delivered by the ARTIST. The BRIDE agrees and accepts that this is entirely reasonable in the circumstances.
30. The ARTIST shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of her obligations hereunder that is caused by an event outside her control including, without limitation, strikes, anyone in the bridal party having head lice, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, robbery of kit needed to carry out her work, road traffic accident, being stuck in traffic, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or any other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications or transportation networks or damage to or failure of any mode of transportation used by the ARTIST.
31. The BRIDE accepts and understands that the ARTIST takes no responsibility whatsoever for any reactions to any products used, allergic or otherwise.
The BRIDE agrees to identify any known allergies or products to which she is sensitive and will answer the consultation truthfully.
The BRIDE accepts that the ARTIST cannot style anyone’s hair that has head lice.
The BRIDE accepts that it is her responsibility to make sure any clothing and accessories needed for the wedding day is kept out of the way of the Artists hair and makeup working area, if anyone in the bridal party gets products of any kind on clothing or accessories the ARTIST cannot be held liable.
32. The ARTIST accepts no liability whatsoever for any relevant or potentially relevant medical condition, allergic reaction or similar which is not specifically disclosed to her by the BRIDE in advance.
33. The BRIDE agrees that if for any reason the ARTIST cannot attend on the day of the wedding, then the ARTIST will use her reasonable endeavours to ensure that the relevant professional services are provided by another suitable make up ARTIST/hair stylist. If for any unforeseen circumstances, it is not possible to replace her, the ARTIST will endeavour to inform the BRIDE at the earliest opportunity.
34. If the trial session booked by the ARTIST and BRIDE needs to be regrettably changed by the ARTIST, she will give 2 weeks notice.
Any trial sessions booked by the BRIDE and cancelled without giving at least 24 hours notice whether for bridal or members of the bridal party trials, as time will have been allocated to provide our services 50% of the trials cancelled would be due to be paid by bank transfer on the date of the arranged trial session. The ARTIST does not offer trial sessions in August as this is the busiest month of the year for weddings or at weekends, trial sessions are conducted from 8am-7pm Tuesday and Wednesday and 8am-5pm Monday, Thursday and Fridays when the ARTIST is not working on a wedding.
35. If the Wedding Day Services are cancelled by the ARTIST, a full refund will be provided to the BRIDE.
If the Wedding Day Services are cancelled other than by the ARTIST, no refund will be provided and Clause 12 herein will apply.
35A. If the BRIDE is needing to postpone her wedding due to a Government lock down for Covid-19 or any other Government closures resulting in a wedding not being able to go ahead on the agreed date, clause 12A will apply.
36. At the time of the Wedding Trial, photos and notes may be taken by the ARTIST to ensure that the look is capable of being recreated on the wedding day. These notes and photos can also be used if a replacement ARTIST is appointed.
37. These notes and photos (and/or any taken at the wedding) remain the property of the ARTIST and the BRIDE agrees that all images of her, her Wedding trial and of her wedding itself can be used for all promotional, advertising and professional purposes of the ARTIST without charge or payment.
Third Party Rights
38. This contract is between the ARTIST and the BRIDE. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
39. Each of the clauses of these Terms and Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority determines that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
40. If the ARTIST fails to insist that the BRIDE performs any of her obligations under these Terms and Conditions, or if the ARTIST does not enforce her rights against the BRIDE, or if the ARTIST delays in doing so, that will not mean that the ARTIST has waived her rights against the BRIDE and will not mean that the BRIDE does not have to comply with those obligations.
41. If the ARTIST does waive a default by the BRIDE, she will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that the ARTIST will automatically waive any subsequent default by the BRIDE.
42. The Parties agrees that they shall have no remedies in respect of any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not expressly set out herein.
43. Each party agrees that it shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement set out herein.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
44. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.
45. The Parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
46. The Booking Form, Confirmation Of Booking and the Terms and Conditions constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
47. For the avoidance of doubt, any agreed amendment to the Terms and Conditions will only be valid to the extent that it is agreed in writing as between the Parties.